- Beans: 220 grams
- Sodium bicarbonate: 1/4 teaspoon
- Onions: 1 grain (finely chopped)
- Red Chili Peppers: A quarter teaspoon
- Cumin: Half a teaspoon
- Parsley: 1 tablespoon (finely chopped)
- Lemon juice: Half a grain
- Salt: Pinch
- Vegetable oil: as needed (for frying)
How to prepare
Soak the beans in a bowl of cold water for a whole day.
Drain the beans and then put them in an electric blender with sodium bicarbonate, chopped onions, cumin, red chili, parsley and lemon juice.
Mix the ingredients well until you have a smooth paste.
Set aside the falafel mixture for about half an hour and add the salt to taste.
Shape the falafel into small balls.
Heat the oil in a saucepan on the fire and fry the falafel.
Drain the falafel on butter paper and serve hot.